Organizing for America (the successor organisation to Obama for America) and the Democratic National Committee are recruiting a new social networks manager.The new recruit will be responsible for maintaining the Democratic Party and Organizing for America accounts on all social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace accounts, etc.)
The Wall Street Journal reports that Mia Cambronero, who currently holds the job, ‘will be stepping down from my infamous role as ‘Barack Obama’s twitterer,” she said in an email message posted to a listserv. ‘We’re looking for someone who is available to start immediately.’
Essential qualifications include:
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail; your writing is strong, sharp, and personable
- Strong organizing and campaigning instincts; you can craft messages that move people to act, and you know what actions will achieve the right impact at the right time
- Strong familiarity with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.
- Ready to work hard; this isn’t a 9-5 sort of job
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Passionate about engaging millions of Americans in advancing President Obama’s agenda and changing the country
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to Washington, DC
Bizarrely the job advert on the Obama website doesn’t give a closing date for applications.